Clean Radiator and Cooling Fans
||[X] AON-M2 2020
||[ ] Corrective
||[ ] Troubleshooting
The procedure that follows explains how to clean specific rear cooling components of the machine. Clean cooling components prevent:
- Temperatures that are too hot in the cooling system.
- Temperatures that are too hot in the machine components.
- Clogged hot ends of T0 and T1.
Estimated time: 15 minutes
||Vacuum Cleaner, Shop
Personal Protective Equipment
Prepare the Machine
- Turn the machine off completely with the rear ON/OFF switch (1).
- Wait until the build chamber, build plate and hot ends are at room temperature.
Radiator and Cooling Fans Cleaning
Allow all machine components to reach room temperature prior to proceeding further. Failure to allow components to cool down will result in thermal injury (burns) to personnel.
- Use the vacuum cleaner to remove contaminants found on the the radiator and radiator fans (2).
- Use the vacuum cleaner to remove contaminants found on the four cooling fan grills (3).
- Use a damp lint-free rag to remove contaminants that remain on the radiator, the radiator fans (2) and the cooling fan grills (3).
- Do steps 1 to 3 as necessary to make sure the radiator, radiator fans (2) and the cooling fan grills (3) are clean and free of unwanted contaminants.
Test and Return to Service
- Turn the machine back on with the rear ON/OFF switch.
- Make sure the flow of air is good.
- Heat the build chamber to 100°C (212°F).
- After 15 minutes, do the steps that follow:
- Make sure that no unusual sounds come from the cooling fans.
- Make sure there are no coolant leaks.