Prepare Machine for Shipping
The following instructions explains the process on how to prepare and package machine for transit.
Estimated time: 60-90 minutes
||1 inch length, Phillips No.2
||2 inch width
||1 inch width
Personal Protective Equipment
- Home XYZ.
- Lower the Z-Axis by 300 mm.
- Push the E-stop button.
Allow all machine components to reach room temperature prior to proceeding further. Failure to allow components to cool down may result in thermal injury (burns) to personnel.
- Drain coolant from the machine cooling circuit. Refer to Drain and Replace Coolant.
- Once coolant has been drained, reconnect all coolant lines and/or fittings to their original locations.
- Turn the machine off completely with the rear ON/OFF switch.
- Disconnect and remove main power AC cord.
If machine is being returned under warranty, place power AC cord at the base of the build chamber.
- Open build chamber door.
- Remove the build plate and set aside.
Unless otherwise specified by our Customer Success Team, the build plate is not to be returned with the machine. Please reach out to our Customer Success team at email@example.com to confirm.
- Manually separate the toolheads along the X-gantry rail.
- Wrap foam strip around the X-gantry radial axis centerline of the X-gantry. Secure foam strip with Velcro® tape.
- Manually position both toolheads against the center foam strip.
- Wrap the two foam strips on both sides of the toolheads, limiting their movement.
- Secure the two foam strips with Velcro® tape.
- Make sure toolheads are secure.
- Secure both the X-gantry ends to the Y-axis rails with Velcro® tape.
- Make sure the X-gantry is secure at both ends.
- Close and lock build chamber door.
- Secure filament spool holders to their respective brackets with Velcro® tape.
Prepare Shipping Crate
Prepare Platform & Front Panel Assembly
- Place platform onto the floor.
- Position front crate panel onto the platform.
- Install two metal clips where the front panel meets the crate platform.
To aid with installation of metal clips, use hard rubber mallet.
Make sure to install the metal clips with the two metals tabs facing upwards when securing front panel onto the crate platform.
Prepare & Install Ramp Assembly
- Unlock the four caster wheels by rotating each of their orange leveling nuts, ensuring machine will roll smoothly onto the ramp.
- Locate the two wooden triangular-shaped support blocks and metal ramp strips on the inside of the rear panel.
- Assemble the ramp by placing the two wooden triangular-shaped support blocks under the ramp using the preattached Velcro® strips.
- Position the ramp on the floor and ensure the gap between the crate platform and the ramp is minimal.
- Using two wood screws, secure ramp onto the crate platform as shown below.
- Position the two metal ramp strips onto the ramp using the preattached Velcro® strips.
Load Machine Onto Crate Platform
Prior to loading the machine onto the crate platform, verify that all the following tasks have been completed:
• Coolant has been drained.
• All coolant lines/fittings haven been installed to their original locations.
• Z-Axis lowered by 300 mm.
• Build plate has been removed.
• Both toolheads are secured to the X-gantry rail.
• X-gantry rail secured to the Y-axis rails at both ends.
• Push the E-stop button.
• Main power switch engaged to OFF position at rear of machine.
• Filament spool holders are secured to their respective brackets.
• Build chamber door closed and latch is firmly engaged.
• Four caster wheels are unlocked.
Front of the machine must be loaded onto the platform first.
Always use a minimum of two individuals for the following procedure. The machine weighs over 330 kg (720 lbs.) and can cause injury to personnel or damage equipment if control is lost during movement.
- Carefully push the machine onto the crate platform.
- Position the front panel of the machine against foam on the inside of front crate panel.
- Once the machine is positioned, lock the two rear caster wheels by rotating each of their orange leveling nuts.
Install Right & Left Side Panels
The right and left side panels are installed as illustrated below.
- Position the right and the left side panels onto platform against the front panel.
- Secure both the right and left side panels to the front panel with six metal clips: three metal clips per side.
- Secure both the right and left panels onto the platform using four metal clips: two metal clips per side.
Make sure to install the metal clips with the two metals tabs facing upwards when securing right and left panels onto the platform.
Remove & Disassemble Ramp
- Remove the two wood screws which secure ramp to the crate platform.
- Remove the two sheet metal ramp strips.
- Remove the ramp and set aside as to have access to the two wooden triangular-shaped support blocks.
- Remove two wooden triangular-shaped support blocks.
- Attach two metal ramp strips and two wooden triangular-shaped support blocks to the inside of the (now) rear panel.
Install Rear Panel
- Install rear panel onto the crate platform.
- Make sure the rear panel mates properly to the right and left side panels.
- Secure the rear panel to right and left side panels with six metal clips: three metal clips per side.
- Secure the rear panel onto the crate platform using two metal clips.
Make sure to install the metal clips with two metals tabs facing upwards when securing rear panel onto crate platform.
Install Top Cover
- Lower top cover onto the crate enclosure.
- Make sure the top cover mates properly with the right, left, front and rear panels.
- Secure top cover to the four panels using eight metal clips: two metal clips per side.
- Make sure all 28 metal clips are installed and firmly snapped into position.
- Secure transparent shipping envelope on the rear panel.
- Insert shipping label into shipping envelope. Seal envelope closed.
Please reach out to our Customer Success team at firstname.lastname@example.org if further assistance is required.