Wiper Brush and Wiper Blade Inspection
||[X] AON-M2 2020
||[ ] Corrective
||[ ] Troubleshooting
The procedure that follows explains how to do an inspection of the wiper brushes and the wiper blades. Components that are clean and in good condition prevent:
- Clogged hot end(s) and/or nozzle(s).
- Unwanted material(s) in the print.
||Brass, soft bristle
Personal Protective Equipment
Prepare the Machine
- Home XYZ.
- Lower the Z-axis by 300 mm.
- Push the E-stop button.
- Wait until the build chamber, build plate and hot ends are at room temperature.
Allow all machine components to reach room temperature prior to proceeding further. Failure to allow components to cool down will result in thermal injury (burns) to personnel.
- Manually move the two toolheads to the center of the X-axis linear rail.
Wiper Components Inspection
- Inspect the T0 wiper brush (1). Use the brass brush to clean any unwanted polymer. Make sure that the bristles are straight and in good condition.
- Make sure that the wiper brush rubs against the flat surface of the nozzle.
- Make sure that the screw (2) and the wiper brush are tight.
- If the screw is not tight, use the 3 mm hex key to tighten.
Make sure that the brush is set at the correct height. The brush can move when tight if the height is not set correctly. Failure to do so will damage the machine.
- If the wiper brush is damaged, refer to replace the wiper brush.
- Use isopropyl alcohol and lint-free rag to clean the T0 wiper blade (3).
- Make sure that the wiper blade is straight and in good condition.
- Make sure that the wiper blade touches the tip of the nozzle.
- Make sure that the screws (4) and the wiper blade are tight.
- If the screws are not tight, use the 2.5 mm hex key to tighten.
Make sure that the blade is set at the correct height. The blade can move when tight if the height is not set correctly. Failure to do so will damage the machine.
- If the wiper blade is damaged, refer to replace the wiper blade.
- Do steps 1 to 9 for the T1 wiper brush and wiper blade.
Test and Return to Service
- Make sure all tools are removed from the build chamber.
- Close the chamber door.
- Release the E-stop button.
- Home XYZ.