Y-Idlers Belt Movement Inspection
||[X] AON-M2 2020
||[ ] Corrective
||[ ] Troubleshooting
This procedure gives the instructions on how to do an inspection of the Y-axis idlers. Components in good condition prevent:
- Rough belt operation
- Layers that are not equal
- Loud noises during movement
- Vibrations during movement
- Belt damage
If your machine is equipped with an older version of the Y-idlers, it is strongly recommended to upgrade your machine with improved components.
The Y-Idler Field Upgrade Kit is provided at no cost as a one time upgrade to all AON-M2 and AON-M2 2020 owners. Please reach out to our Customer Success team at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your company name and serial number found on the plate at the back of your machine.
Personal Protective Equipment
Prepare the Machine
- Home XYZ.
- Lower the Z-axis by 200 mm.
- Push the E-stop button.
- Wait until the build chamber, build plate and hot ends are at room temperature.
- With your hand, try to move the left-side Y-idler (1) and make sure it is not loose.
- Make sure there is no damage on the left-side Y-idler.
- Do steps 1 and 2 again with the right-side Y-idler.
- If there is damage on one or the two Y-idlers, or if they are not tight, go directly to step 10. If not, continue with step 5.
- Close the door of the machine.
- Release the E-stop button.
- Home XYZ.
- Do the steps 5.a. to 5.d. to change the Jog value of the machine.
- With the operator interface, go to the Motion menu (2).
- Select the Left Tool (3).
- Set the Jog Distance (4) to 100 mm.
- Set the Jog Speed (5) to 10000 mm/min.
- Push the +Y arrow (6) three times to move the Y-axis to the back of the build chamber.
- Do the steps that follow at the same time:
- On the operator interface, push the XY button (7) to set the X-axis and Y-axis to their home position.
- When the Y-axis moves, look at the two Y-idlers (1) and make sure that:
- The belt (8) movement is smooth.
- There is no loud or unusual noises from the Y-idler.
- The Y-idler has no vibration.
You can do the step 9 again as necessary.
- If the Y-idler inspection is not satisfactory, do one of these steps:
- If one or two Y-idlers are damaged, replace the Y-idler(s).
- If the Y-idlers are not damaged, adjust the belt tension. Refer to Belt Tension Inspection and Adjustment.
Test and Return to Service
- Home XYZ.