Replace X-Axis Microswitches
||[ ] AON M2+ (CE)
||[ ] AON M2+ (R-NZ)
||[ ] AON M2+
||[•] AON-M2 2020
||[ ] Preventive
The procedure that follows gives the instructions on how to replace the two X-axis microswitches.
Estimated time: 30 minutes
||Phillips No. 2
||End Stop Microswitch
Reach out to our Customer Success team at firstname.lastname@example.org for genuine AON3D replacement part(s).
To help with machine reliability, AON3D recommends to change the two X-axis microswitches as a pair.
Personal Protective Equipment
||ISO 2859-1 or ASTM D6319
Prepare the Machine
Make sure that there are no prints on the build surface. Remove print(s) before the procedure that follows is started. Failure to do so can cause a collision and cause damage to the machine component(s).
- Home XYZ.
- Lower the Z-axis by 300 mm.
- Push the E-stop button.
- Open the build chamber door.
- Turn the power OFF with the ON/OFF switch found behind the machine.
- Disconnect the main power cord from the receptacle.
- Wait until the build chamber, build platform and hot ends are at room temperature.
Remove the X-Axis Microswitches
Wait until all machine components are at room temperature before you continue. Some machine components can be hot if the machine was recently used. Failure to do so can cause injuries.
- Manually move the selected toolhead to the center of the X-axis.
- Use the No. 2 Phillips head screwdriver to remove the two screws (1) and the two washers (2) from the X-axis microswitch (3).
- Use the tape and the marker to correctly identify the two wires (4) that connect to the X-axis microswitch (3).
- Disconnect the two wires from the microswitch.
- Remove the X-axis microswitch (3).
- Discard the X-axis microswitch (3).
- Do steps 1 to 6 for the adjacent toolhead, if necessary.
Install the New X-Axis Microswitches
- Connect the two wires (4) to the X-axis microswitch (3).
- Use the identification label(s) to connect the two wires (4) to the correct X-axis microswitch (3) terminals. Make sure that the two wires (4) are correctly connected.
- Put the microswitch in position on the toolhead.
Do not tighten the screws too much. The microswitch is fragile. Failure to do so can damage the components.
- Use the No. 2 Phillips head screwdriver to install the two screws (1) and the two washers (2) on the X-axis microswitch (3).
- Remove and discard the identification label(s).
- Do steps 1 to 5 for the adjacent toolhead, if necessary.
Test and Return to Service
- Make sure that you remove all the tools from the build chamber.
- Close the build chamber door.
- Connect the main power cord to the receptacle.
- Turn the power ON with the ON/OFF switch found on the rear panel of the machine.
- Home XYZ.
- Make sure that the Y-axis microswitches operate correctly: