Replace Y-Axis Idler Pulleys
||[•] AON-M2 2020
||[•] AON M2+
||[•] AON M2+ (CE)
The procedure that follows gives the instructions on how to replace the two Y-axis idler pulleys.
Estimated time: 30 minutes
||Y-Axis Idler Pulley
Please reach out to our Customer Success team at email@example.com for genuine AON3D replacement part(s).
Personal Protective Equipment
||ISO 2859-1 or ASTM D6319
Prepare the Machine
Make sure that there are no prints on the build surface. Remove print(s) before the procedure that follows is started. Failure to do so can cause a collision and cause damage to the machine component(s).
- Home XYZ.
- Lower the Z-axis by 300 mm.
- Move the X-gantry to the rear of the build platform.
- Push the E-stop button.
- Open the build chamber door.
- Turn the power OFF at the ON/OFF switch found on the rear panel of the machine.
- Wait until the build chamber, build platform and hot ends are at room temperature.
Remove the Y-Axis Idler Pulley Assemblies
Wait until all the machine components are at room temperature before you continue. Some machine components can be hot if the machine was recently used. Failure to do so can cause injuries.
- Use the 10 mm wrench to loosen the jam nut (1).
- Use the 10 mm wrench to loosen the tension screw (2) until there is no tension on the Y-axis belt.
- Pull, lift up, and remove the Y-axis idler pulley (3) from the Y-axis idler pulley assembly (4).
- Remove the Y-axis idler pulley (3) from the Y-axis belt.
- Discard the Y-axis idler pulley (3).
- Inspect the Y-axis belt for wear. Replace as necessary. Refer to Replace Y-Axis Belts.
- Do steps 1 to 6 for the components on the adjacent side.
Install the New Y-Axis Idler Pulley Assembly
- Put the Y-axis belt in position around the Y-axis idler pulley (3).
Make sure that the Y-axis belt is installed straight, with no twists, no kinks, and/or no loops. Failure to do so will cause irregular print quality and/or will cause damage to the machine component(s).
- Install the Y-axis belt and the Y-axis idler pulley (3) into the Y-Axis idler pulley assembly (4).
Make sure that the Y-axis belt teeth are correctly engaged on the Y-axis idler pulley (3) teeth.
- Manually tighten the tension bolt (2) to apply a light load onto the Y-axis belt. Do not use the 10 mm wrench to tighten the tension bolt (2) at this point in time.
- Adjust the Y-axis belt tension. Refer to the Inspect and Adjust XYZ-Axes Belt Tension procedure.
- Do steps 1 to 4 for the components on the adjacent side.
Test and Return to Service
- Make sure that you remove all the tools from the build chamber.
- Close the build chamber door.
- Turn the power ON at the ON/OFF switch found on the rear panel of the machine.
- Release the E-stop button.
- Home XYZ.
- Move the Y-axis 300 mm from the home position.
- Home XY.
- Make sure there are no unusual noise(s) and/or or vibration(s) from the two Y-axis idler pulley assemblies.
- Do steps 6 to 8 two more times.